A resource of and for the Washington, D.C. foreign embassy community

Frequently Asked Question #3

How can I get a job or internship in a U.S. embassy abroad?

You should contact the State Department directly; the embassy.org site is sponsored by Stapleton-Gray & Associates, Inc., and is not a part of the Department or the U.S. Federal Government.

The State Department lists the following phone numbers for employment information questions:

  • General: (202) 647-7284
  • Handicapped Employment Program: (202) 516-1663
  • Handicapped Employment Program (TDD): (202) 647-9619